Develop a new use case with Wize!
What is it?
The Wize Alliance is launching this Call for Projects to boost and expand the creation of new use cases using Wize an LPWAN (Low Range Wide Area Network) technology. The Wize technology already connects more than 8 million of IoT devices around the globe through the frequency 169 MHz.
The Wize technology is already industrialized in the field of water, gas, waste and technical management of buildings. Today, the technology has been mainly used for smart metering and the Alliance is especially interested in the creation of IoT use cases presenting an innovative response to challenges posed to the urban, sub-urban and rural challenges.
With the intent to promote the Wize technology as a leading LPWAN, the Alliance will sponsor projects in 2020 with a budget of €100,000.
What are the requirements?
- The solutions must come with a consistent business plan and show a high business potential.
- The project can consist in building a brand new solution, or making an existing solution Wize compliant.
- The project must be technically feasible.
- The project must have an industrialisation potential.
- Collaboration between members is highly recommended.
Who can participate?
Members only are eligible nevertheless, members can put in place a project with partners that are not members of the Wize Alliance. A maximum of 3 companies per project is accepted. Projects with different members of the Alliance will have greater chances to win the call. Companies can join the Wize Alliance to participate to this "Call for Projects".
Rewards and benefits for selected winners
An award of € 100,000 will be shared between up to 3 winners.
If only 1 winner is selected, he will be granted the whole € 100,000.
If more than 1 winner is selected, this amount of € 100,000 will be split:
- in equal parts if there is 2 of them;
- depending on their respective grade according according to selection criteria (listed below) if there is 3 of them:
· 1st winner (with the highest score on evaluation scorecard): € 40,000.
· 2nd winner: € 30,000.
· 3rd winner: € 30,000.
The Wize Alliance reserves the right to determine 1 grant (among up to 3 grants) by the merge of 2 projects in 1 new joint project. If so, a notification will be sent by mail to each concerned party, by the Wize Alliance or its representative.s in April 2020.
The endowment will be progressively paid:
- start date: 40%
- laboratory validation: 30%
- project acceptance (within 8 months max from start date): 30%
The endowment will have to represent less than 50% of the project total funding.
Where to start?
How to participate?
- Applications opens on January 20th, 2020 and end on March 31st, 2020 06:00 pm CET.
- Selection and announcement of finalists will last from April 1st to April 24th, 2020.
- Announcement of the winner.s will be made on April 29th, 2020.
- Projects delivery is expected for December 31st 2020 (at the latest).
To submit your application please get in touch at email@example.com.